Saturday was a drive along my beloved North Norfolk coast, window open and the smell of rapeseed in the air. From Burnham Market ~


a place very dear to my heart and getting trendier and trendier each time I visit (and I'm not sure how I feel about that), although still as beautiful and perfect. My favourite labyrinth book shop and some of the loveliest houses~


via Cley-next-the-Sea and a trip into the church book stall finding us in the midst of a lovely vintage themed wedding, so I took some snaps of the wedding party walking across the village green to their reception ~


On to Salthouse, a beach we found only recently but which I really like. The sky goes on forever and the sea is oddly calm. Fishermen had cast their sea lines all along the shore and we spoke to a local who told me that during a frolic in the sea, a seal was a foot away from me in the waves~

Finally stopping off at Wivenhoe Hall Farm cafe. Very disappointing this time around, the food not quite up to scratch (cracked tea pots, tiny scones at least half the size of a normal scone) but enjoyable ambiance nonetheless. It's very unique with it's bright colours and salt marsh location.
Om Pom Pom

5 comments:
umm...how did i miss that you started blogging again?? nice to see you back. i shall get following! x
ps...i think i got mixed up with the tea room. it's the one at wiveton that's in cl. worth checking out i think! me and my mum are going to peacocks in ely this week to sit by the wisteria. i hope their scones don't disappoint! x
Hehe, I decided I must start blogging again as I adore other people's blogs. It's a big wide blogging world out there though so I am no doubt blogging into the ether! *g*
I've never been to Peacocks! You'll have to post some pictures/reviews.
x
Hi Sue, you're very welcome!
beautiful.
Post a Comment